Tuesday, September 15, 2009

50 Things to Do Before You Die *My List*

Read this article a couple of weeks back and i thought i share this !
http://thetravelersnotebook.com/activity-guide/50-things-to-do-before-you-die/

hmm.. i don't think 50 things will complete my list !!
but well... if i have to follow this,
Here goes......

1. Set foot on each of the seven continents. (who doesn't..if only i was a billionaire!)
2. Cross a country on a bicycle. (i'm planning to try out a biking tour in 2010!!)
3. Ride something bigger than a horse.
(i would be glad if i could ride in a limousine - at least once in my lifetime!)
4. Live like a local for a month.
(Sad to say i live in a fast-paced nation. How nice if i don't need a dayjob! i would love to live like a local!)

5. Visit a “real” blues bar in Chicago. (i would lovee to see the real Moulin Rouge though... )
6. Learn another language. (hmm - let's see... i've attended lessons for French, Japanese & Bahasa Indonesia... but never really gotten the chance to 'use' in reality! )
7. Go heli-skiing. (would love to try snowboarding + ski again despite having done skiing once during the family trip to Korea back in my secondary days - could barely remember the experience!
8. Travel India by train. (India's on one of 'To Go' destinations but not keen on train travelling in India but rather the Trans-Siberian Railway from China to Russia~)
9. Climb one of the world’s Seven Summits.
(Satisfied if i can climb Mt. Kinabalu in Borneo 1st.... and maybe the Himalayans Later!)
10. Dive with a whale shark.
(i see that Underwater world have a 'Dive with the Sharks' package? Maybe i try that out first ?)

11. Participate in a Carnival parade in Brazil. (too many fascinating festivals everywhere in the world! if i could, let me join in the festivities of all nations!!! )
12. Dance Tango in Argentina. (hmmm..Dance? not my category)
13. Surf.

(I've did body-surfing in the Indonesian Island and got slapped Really Hard in the face!)
14. SCUBA in the Great Barrier Reef. (On my wishlist - but first I need to know how to scuba!)
15. Publish an article about your travels. (photoblog/blogging is good enough for me.)


16. Volunteer abroad for a month. (See #4)
17. Follow in the footsteps of your favorite travel book. (travel guidebook? i don't follow any, i do-up a customised itinerary for my travels if possible...and if time permits)
18. Take a bush plane ride into Africa’s interior. (I sooo wanna visit AFRICA)
19. Cross a glacier on foot. (hmm-name me a glacier please?)
20. Visit the source of one of the world’s great rivers. (hmm - not listed in MY list yet)

21. Climb an active volcano. (let me experience Mt.Kinabalu first...)
22. Buy a boat and learn to sail. (don't have the fundings to buy my own boat..)
23. Follow your food from field to table.
(Farm experience - Fruit picking etc. I WOULD LOVE TO EXPERIENCE!!)
24. Bathe in the Ganges. (Let me experience the Japanese baths first...)
25. Travel around the world. (i want,me want!!)

26. Photograph an endangered species. (not listed in MY list)
27. Participate in Burning Man . (not listed in MY list)
28. Spend 24 hours alone in the jungle. (think I would totally freak out !!)
29. Learn how to make a national dish. (probably more interested in eating than making)
30. Teach English in a foreign country. (sounds good !)

31. Attend a music festival in another country. (not listed in MY list)
32. Cross a country using only public transportation. (okay - done that before!)
33. Spend the night in a storied/historic hotel. (... maybe I should book a night at Raffles Hotel!)
34. Attend the Olympics. (i'm planning to!)
35. Meet your favorite (living) travel writer. (not listed in MY list)

36. Travel to Germany to experience Love Parade. (hmm...haven't heard of the Love Parade..)
37. Partake in a Japanese Tea Ceremony.
(i might just get to see this during my March trip to nippon-land!)
38. Join a caravan in the Sahara. (i want to go on a caravan roadtrip-'nuff said!!)
39. Go to Oktoberfest. (Eat,Drink&Make Merry - On my 'Must attend' list)
40. Stand at the North or South Pole. (woohoo - how cool is that !)

41. Be in the stands when two rival South American club teams play each other in soccer.
(Not in MY list)
42. Visit the birthplace or gravesite of a cultural icon. (hmm... Chopin? Beethoven counts?)
43. Find your version of “The Beach.”
44. Enjoy a freshly rolled cigar in Cuba. (Not in MY list)
45. Visit every capital city in Europe. (it's like a dream come true to visit every inch of Europe!)

46. Watch an orchestral performance in Vienna. (I WANT !)
47. Skydive. (Yessss-this is definitely on my list !)
48. Bike the Pacific Coast Highway. (i want to bike the World if i could !)
49. Shake hands with someone who has truly changed a country. (not in MY list)
50. Participate in the world’s biggest water fight (Songkran). (i want to join in the madness!)

Seems like I'll have re-live my life over and over again....
So many things to do..... but no money (sadly!) nor time (damn the work!)


No comments: